Do You Like Italian Food and Cooking?
You are in for a treat!
You are going to experience the world of simple Italian food and cooking -- with a glance at life in Italy a long time ago. Many of the recipes include cooking ideas and simple instructions along with stories of nostalgic memories.
This type of Italian food and cooking is fashioned after everyday soups, vegetables, breads and pasta dishes along with some Holiday and dessert recipes from a unique area of the world.
My mother, grandmother and great grandmothers cooked these foods for their families. They are from a time when there was no water in the homes. The women had to go wash their vegetables in a spring located down a hill -- and carry water in containers back up to the house before they could prepare the meals.
You'll find these recipes easy to prepare, inexpensive, wholesome, and the taste... well, you be the judge after you try a few!
Share your thoughts, ideas and comment and visit often.
I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do.
The Cook Book
To purchase the cook book click here now
See what people are saying about Flavors and Memories:
"......Eighteen years as an apprentice to my grandmother in the Italian Country made her a virtuoso in the kitchen. She continues to wow guests with her cooking........"
~ Nicholas Figliolini ~
"I'd trade my one good kidney for Claudia Palombo's red sauce recipe;........"
~ Alexander Figliolini ~
Back to Top
Table of Content
- Italian Food and Cooking
- Flavors bring back memories of Italian food and cooking, and life in another place, in another tim
- The Recipes' origin is a small Italian area called Ciociaria
- The city of Cassino is in the province of Frosinone, located at the edge of Lazio where it borders with Campania.
- History of Cassino
- History of Cassino in World War II
- Italian CookBook
- The recipes in this Italian cookbook are old-style, from-scratch, home-cooked, and simple for basic cooks - without a lot of fancy techniques or time-consuming procedures or expensive ingredients
- Italian food and cooking blog
- Italian food and cooking with the flavors that bring back memories of growing up.
- Italian Antipasto Recipes
- Italian Antipasto Recipes or Italian Appetizer Recipes, take a number of forms in Italy and are served at the table
- Italian Antipasti Photos
- Italian Antipasti Photos Melon Wrapped in Prosciutto, Mozzarella with Tiny Tomatoes, Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Clams, Baked Zucchini, Battered Coliflower, Cold Cut Platter, Asparagus Frittata
- Bread - Pane
- This Bread - Pane Recipe That I Use for Most of my Breads and Pizzas is Very Simple.
- Bread and Pizza Photos
- Bread and Pizza Photos, Stuffed Bread Rolls, Pizza with Potato Topping, Country Style Pizza, Chard Stuffed Pizza
- Brodi Broths, Soups, Stews
- Brodi - Broths - Soups - Stews
- Broths Soups Stews Photos
- Broths Soups Stews Photos Italian Egg Drop Soup, Fish Stew Recipe, Beans and Potato Stew, Minestrone Recipe
- Pasta Recipes
- Simple and Easy pasta recipes
- Pasta Recipe Photos
- Pasta Recipe Photos, Linguine with Salmon Sauce, Spaghettini in Tomato Sauce, Tortellini in Cream Sauce, Lasagne, Polenta with Quail Sauce
- Primi-Piatti Main Dishes
- Primi Piatti - Main Dishes! Looking for some good Italian chicken recipes, or italian sausage recipes, or even italian beef recipes? You are in the right place
- Main Dishes Photos
- Main Dishes Photos, Stuffed Flank, Italian Chicken, Itaian Meatballs, Stuffed Quails, Grilled Pork Chops
- Side Dishes
- Contorni or side dishes, are easy italian recipes of tasty and nutritious vegetables that are also appealing to the eye
- Italian Dessert Recipes
- Italian dessert recipes include some delicious sweets that are often the light and refreshing end to a hearty meal
- Dessert Photos
- Dessert Photos, Italian Dessert Recipes, Ricotta Pie Recipe, Italian Summer Fruit Salad, Italian Marmalade Tart
- Italian breads are easy to make, but in some countries breads are often overlooked
- Brick Oven
- A brick oven is fabulous at cooking tasty pizzas, meats, chickens, rabbits, bread...
- Biscotti have become very popular dessert and can be found anywhere
- Cooking Pasta
- Cooking Pasta: Does and Don'ts
- Why SBI
- Why SBI, SiteBuildIt! is the e-business host company that over-delivers!.
- Contribute to Italian Food And Cooking
- Would you like to share your knowledge about italian food and cooking? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.
Back to Top